If you own a Chevy Trax from 2013, 2014, or 2015, and it didn’t come standard with cruise control, you may have thought that you were out of luck until your next car purchase. Thankfully though, that’s not the case. At The Cruise Control Store, we’re proud to offer a variety of aftermarket cruise control kits, including the 250-9640, which is perfect for the Chevy Trax and easy to install.
Our kits include everything you need to either install cruise control on your own, or bring it to an auto shop for professional installation. If you like doing these types of jobs on your own, you’ll find this instructional video very helpful, and at The Cruise Control Store, we know that you might need help at some point during the project, and that’s why our professional technicians on hand to answer any questions you might have. Prefer to leave it to the pros? That’s no problem either—we’ll be glad to recommend an affiliate shop in your area.
The Installation Process
The process of installing an aftermarket cruise control kit from The Cruise Control Store is easier than you might expect. When you receive your kit from us, you’ll get everything you need to do the job, plus you’ll have the option to contact us at any time for answers to your questions or help with the job. We can walk you through any part of the installation process.
Video Installation Instructions
To install the cruise control kit:
- Make sure the cruise control switch is mounted on the plastic shroud that surrounds the steering column. Then, make the first connection—the ignition power wire. Connect the violet/black wire to the red wire, which will go directly to the vehicles ignition switch.
- Remove the original plug that is there, connect the plug from the kit, then connect the original plug back in.
- Next, put the couple of wires into the OBD2 connector that is mounted on the bottom left. It comes with a cap that is meant to plug into this port. Sever that cap off and solder the wires directly.
- In pin 6, where the blue wire is, connect the red wire.
- In pin 14, where there is a white wire, connect the black wire. Once everything is plugged in and soldered, tie wrap the wires with the included tie wraps, and secure it in a nice location underneath the dashboard.
The Cruise Control Store is proud to offer everything you need to install cruise control in your 2013, 2014, or 2015 Chevy Trax. We stock complete kits for these as well as many other makes and models, and we have done so for over 25 years. Our goal is to ensure your total satisfaction, and we’ll do everything we can to make sure you’re happy with your purchase. For more information about aftermarket cruise control kits, contact us today.