If you have a 2012 Chevy Cruze that you purchased without cruise control and are considering adding the feature, you’re in luck when you shop with The Cruise Control Store. For over 25 years, we’ve offered aftermarket cruise control kits for a variety of makes and models, including the 2012 Chevy Cruze. Our Rostra 250-9613 is an ideal match for this specific vehicle, and the installation process is simpler than you might think.
The Installation Process
At The Cruise Control Store, we offer kits that are easy to install on your own, but if you prefer to take your car to an auto shop to have it installed professionally, we can recommend a local affiliate shop that will do just that. However, if DIYing is more your speed, when you work with us, you’ll not only get complete, detailed instructions for installation, but you’ll also have access to our professional technicians, who are happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have while installing the kit.
Cruise Control Installation Instructions
- Remove plastic shroud that surrounds steering column, drill 3/8 hole and mount cruise switch. Insert cruise switch wires into black and white connectors per installation instructions.
- Locate and disconnect connector from accelerator pedal. Connect cruise “Y” adapter into pedal and OEM pedal connector into cruise “Y” adapter.
- Locate vehicles OBDII connector under drivers dash and connect red wire to pin#6 and black wire to pin#14
- Route cruise ignition wire to passenger side center console. Locate lt green connector @BCM. Interface cruise red wire to pin#5 Purple/yellow wire
- Test drive and reassemble.
For more information about our complete aftermarket cruise control kits or to find out which one is best for your vehicle, contact The Cruise Control Store today.