When you purchase a vehicle that doesn’t have cruise control, you’re not out of luck – at The Cruise Control Store, we offer aftermarket kits to install the feature in your 2011 Chevy Cruze. The Rostra 250-9003 has everything you need to either install the feature yourself, or have it done at a professional auto shop. We offer detailed instructions as well as a video for doing it yourself, and if you’d prefer to take it somewhere, we can recommend affiliate shops in your area.
The Installation Process
Many people think that if they buy a car without cruise control, they’re stuck. Thankfully, with the Rostra 250-9003, you can add the feature to your 2011 Chevy Cruze in just a couple of hours. Before you know it, you’ll be able to use this convenient feature in your car, whether you install it yourself or have it done professionally. We’re happy to provide complete instructions as well as access to our professional technicians, who can answer any question or concerns you may have while installing it on your own.
Cruise Control Installation Instructions
1) Mount the cruise switch onto the plastic shroud that surrounds the steering column, then route the three wires to the passenger side of the center console. Locate the black cover that is held in by clips
2) There are three wires: Black, blue, and green. Remove the green connector from the BCM, then look for two wires—Pin 5, a yellow/purple wire, and Pin 9, a gray/green wire (if there is no Pin 9 wire, insert the brown pin that comes in your kit to that location).
3) Pop up the white pin retainer bar about one millimeter. Once you hear it snap, put the brown wire into Pin 9. Press the white bar back into place.
4) Connect the brown wire to the green cruise wire, and the blue wire to the yellow/purple wire.
5) Ground everything out – loosen the 13mm support hold on the side and ground it, then replace the BCM, and you’re all done.
To learn more about these cruise control kits or to find out which is best for your vehicle, contact The Cruise Control Store today.