Installing a cruise control kit in your 2012 Chevy Sonic is easier than you’d think, especially when you purchase the kit from The Cruise Control Store. We offer the 250-9618, which is a complete aftermarket kit that allows you to install the feature yourself or bring it to a shop to have it done professionally. If you’d prefer a professional install it, we’re happy to recommend a local affiliate shop in your area, but if you’re more of a do-it-yourselfer, take comfort in knowing you’ll have access not only to a helpful instructional video, but also to our professional technicians, who can answer any questions you may have.
The Installation Process
Installing the 250-9618 is a quick and simple process. We not only supply complete instructions with each of our kits, but we also provide an instructional video that walks you through the process. With this video, you can visualize what you need to do to get the job done. If you have any questions, however, feel free to reach out to our professional technicians.
Cruise Control Installation Instructions:
1. Remove the cruise control switch that is mounted on the plastic shroud that surrounds the steering column. Then, remove the underpiece and drill a 3/8” hole in the side and mount it right on the plastic shroud.
2. Disconnect the original equipment plug, then plug in our t-harness.
3. Route the wires over to our module, then connect the two wires to the OBD2 connector.
4. Now, you can either put thae cap on it, or solder the wires directly in. Put the black wire to the white wire, and the red wire to the light blue wire. This takes care of the OBD2 connections
5. Now, ground everything to the 10mm nut.
6. Next, match the red ignition power wire to the purple wire with white straps and solder that connection
The Cruise Control Store has offered complete aftermarket cruise control kits for more than 25 years, and we are proud to offer a reliable product. Our main goal is customer satisfaction—contact us today to find out more about our kits or to learn about which one is best for your vehicle.