Learn how to install a cruise control kit in your 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, or 2009 Pontiac G5, Pontiac G6, or Chevy Cobalt from the pros at The Cruise Control Store, The Cruise Control Store has everything you need to do so. We offer the Rostra 250-1775 complete aftermarket cruise control kit which allows you to either install the feature on your own or take it to an auto shop and have it done professionally.
If you want to do it yourself, you’ll have access to help from or professional technicians, but should you prefer the latter, we’ll be happy to recommend a local affiliate shop.
Installing the Rostra 250-1775 in your car is easier than you might think. At The Cruise Control Store, we give you complete instructions for the job, in addition to video tutorials for doing it yourself. Watching our video tutorials can make the process a bit easier to understand since you’ll be able to see what you need to do—and what’s best, it’s a relatively fast job, taking only an hour or two.
Cruise Control Kit Installation Instructions:
- Take the passenger side panel off of the center console. Then, looking at the BCM/Junction block, find the connector labeled J2 or C2 (depending on model) and loosen up the corresponding clip.
- Once the connector is free from its clips, pop off the blue cover on the connector and look for position 61, which should be next to a white wire that has a black stripe on it.
- Remove the pin retainer rod by inserting the tool into the end, which will pop it out the other side.
- Insert your pin into position 61 until it is all the way in, then replace the pin retainer rod that you removed in step 3.
- Put the blue cap back on the connector and put it back into where it was and clip it into place.
The Cruise Control Store offers cruise control kits for a wide range of makes and models. For over 25 years, The Cruise Control Store has offered complete cruise control kits for all major car manufacturers including Pontiac, Chevy, GMC, Buick, Jeep and more.
If you need help choosing the right kit for your car, contact our representatives.